Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay on this issue.

Yes, i am able to reproduce the problem in Linux but not in windows. I am attaching the fix for this issue. After applying this fix, the behaviour in windows and linux are same.

Kindly let me know if i miss anything here.

Still not quite right I'm afraid. If I open a user account with no pre-existing expiry, then the dialogue will try to execute:

ALTER ROLE rolename
   VALID UNTIL 'infinity';

 As I haven't changed anything on the dialogue, it shouldn't try to make any changes (or, enable the OK button). Also, the dialogue itself shows the current date - it should be blank. If I choose a date - then it still tries to set the expiry to infinity!

Tested on Mac.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com