Re: Building a development version of pgadmin - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Building a development version of pgadmin
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Andrey Zhidenkov <andrey.zhidenkov@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to build a debug version under Arch Linux. I've added --enable-debug argument while executing a configyre script to build a debug package. Now this build requires a debug version of wxWidgts. I rebuilt wxWidgets with --enable-debug, but it creates a .so files with a letter "d" added to each file:
$ pacman -Ql wxgtk2.8 | grep so$
wxgtk2.8 /usr/lib/libwx_baseud-2.8.so
wxgtk2.8 /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2ud_stc-2.8.so
wxgtk2.8 /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2ud_svg-2.8.so
wxgtk2.8 /usr/lib/libwx_gtk2ud_xrc-2.8.so

Now building and running of pgadmin3 fails with this message:
wxrc-2.8: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_baseu_xml-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
What am I doing wrong now? I think, creating a symlinks is a wrong way, but I can't guess what should I do. Thank you,

It sounds like you're using the non-debug build of wxrc (from your first attempt) with the debug build of the libraries. You need to make sure you also build/install the debug version of wxrc from the utils/ directory of the wxWidgets source tree.

What I normally do is build both the debug and non-debug releases of all of wxWidgets (in that order) - you'll get both sets of libraries installed in parallel, and the non-debug versions of utilities like wxrc.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company