Re: Where is option to disable pgadmin4 version check? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Where is option to disable pgadmin4 version check?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
> Tried to find the option to disable version check, but not clear on where to
> find it. I checked preferences, nothing there. Perhaps it is contained in
> some non-obvious option or I am dull today.

Application config settings (as opposed to user settings) are in
config.py. Don't edit that though - override what you need to in
config_local.py.

In this case:

UPGRADE_CHECK_ENABLED = False

> Not sure why version strings should be arbitrary. Doesn't it make them less
> useful?

No, because it allows us to have betas and rcs and dev builds - or,
the current 'beta2.1' which was an interim update for the QA team to
verify some fixes.
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com