Re: pgAdmin with SSHTunneling support - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin with SSHTunneling support
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> I have implemented SSH Tunneling and integrate it with pgAdmin3. I have
> tested it on Windows, Linux and MAC. Attached is the patch file.
> Please review it and if it looks OK then can you please commit it.

Cool :-)

I found a couple of things on my initial tests on Mac:

- On my first attempt to connect to a server, I opened the properties
dialogue, and enabled SSH Tunneling, specifying the username and host
etc. When I then tried to connect to the server it prompted for the
SSH password, but didn't prompt for a password for the database, so
the connection failed. The second time I tried, it first prompted for
the database password, then then SSH password which worked fine. When
I restarted pgAdmin, it again failed to prompt for the database
password on the first, but not second attempts.

- If I attempt to connect via SSH Tunnel, but cancel when I'm prompted
for a password, the connection attempt proceeds anyway, then fails
first with a valid error message about password auth failing, then
with an "empty" error message about connecting to the (database?)
server.

- When attempting to connect with an identity file, I first get
prompted for a password anyway, then if I just hit return on that
dialogue, I get a message telling me that identity file auth failed
(followed by the same "empty" error message).

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com