Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Surinder Kumar
> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:40 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think we need more changes than just that;
>>>
>>> - The path at the top should not be editable (it should be greyed in
>>> fact)
>>
>> Ok
>>>

>>> - The path at the top should only show the directory path. The
>>> filename should never be appended.
>>
>> Ok
>>>

>>> - The CSS needs to be fixed so the filename textbox at the bottom is
>>> never hidden (as it is now if the dialogue opens at a small size).
>>
>> Ok
>>>

>>> - Double-click to navigate vs. rename should be modified to work in
>>> part like it does on Mac - Double-click on either the icon or the name
>>> should open the item (browser into a folder, or select and "OK" on a
>>> file), and Click then Enter should rename. I'm hesitant to try to
>>> implement "slow double click to rename" as that would likely need to
>>> be tunable for accessibility reasons.
>>
>> Ok, I will fix it.
>
> In the current scenario, the Enter Key is bound to the OK button by default
> in Alertify dialog which servers the purpose of closing the dialog.
> Should we de-attach Enter Key event bound to OK button and use it for rename
> file?
> please suggest what should I do?

Hmm, good point.

How hard would it be to look for 2 consecutive single-clicks (but not
a double-click) for rename? If we can do that, it avoids timing
considerations for double-clicks (which would be defined by the OS).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company