Re: Fix for issue RM1313 [pgadmin4] - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Fix for issue RM1313 [pgadmin4]
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> Thanks - committed with some minor changes:
>
> - Move the password field under the user name.
>
> - Remove the password requirement. The user might be using "trust" auth.
>
> - Adjust the vertical positioning of the checkbox.

Hmm, this is actually broken:

1) I've left the password check in the Python code.

2) It seems like it saves the server info on the first connection
attempt. That means that if the connection fails, but the password is
not the issue (mis-typed address or username perhaps), correcting that
info doesn't allow the connection to proceed.

Because of 2, I haven't fixed 1 (you'll probably need to move it
around anyway). Essentially, we need to support password-less
connections, and if the connection fails, the user should be able to
immediately try again having changed any of the connection options.

Please take a look - and while you're in that code, please take a look
at #1363. It's probably a very simple fix.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com