Re: PG 15 downloads - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PG 15 downloads
Date
List pgsql-www

On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 at 16:51, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 10/17/22 11:48 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2022-10-17 10:32:30 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>> On 17 Oct 2022, at 10:29, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>>> A couple of possible solutions that spring to mind:
>>>
>>> 1) Jonathan (or whoever is handling the release process) could ensure those pages are updated as part of the release push, but that would require confirmation from Sandeep or someone on the EDB team that the packages have been published and everything looks good.
>>>
>>> 2) We could database-ise the data in those tables, and then Sandeep could update that through the Django admin interface at the appropriate time. He does have access to a limited part of the admin interface already.
>>
>> 3) EDB publish an API endpoint with the available releases that pg.org consumes
>> and use to create the page?
>
> Could these tables be updated well ahead of time and PG $next just be hidden
> until the release based on the version number?

Yes, but the suggested JSON file approach accomplishes something
similar, and is a pattern we already have for some of the other package
repos.

Yeah - the problem is that I no longer manage the folks responsible for our website (and neither does Sandeep). EDB is rapidly approaching 1000 people, and that complicates this sort of thing somewhat.  I do know some of the team though, and will see if I can whisper in the right ears.