Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to cancel long running queries from dashboard - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to cancel long running queries from dashboard
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Thanks, patch applied.

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the updated patch with new UI style in dashboard subnode control based on Chethana's design suggestion.

@Shirley,
Yes, DBA needs to click on the drop down to expand.
- If we make whole row clickable then how are we going to identify if user is trying to expand the row or trying to cancel the active session? I am asking this because table row <tr> tag comes before table column tag <td> in HTML DOM, so if we have click event listers on both of the tags then how are we going to differentiate the user operation?
- In my opinion, another reason we can not do that on a dashboard grid because it will break the subnode control consistency, If user sees that grid expands on clicking the row they will expect the same behaviour in other grids as well.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala

https://community.postgresrocks.net/