Re: Sponsorship Page Language - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Sponsorship Page Language
Date
Re: Sponsorship Page Language  ("Jonathan S. Katz" <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com>)
List pgsql-www
Hi

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When looking at the sponsorship page
> (http://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors/) I noticed a few things regarding
> the language that I've attempted to clean up with this patch.
>
> The first regards the ordering of the sponsors - they are ordered randomly,
> not alphabetically, so I corrected the language up top.

I would think a better option would be to fix the ordering so the page
works as intended.

> The second has to do with the language on the bottom of the page discussing
> the sponsorship levels and selection process.  I reworded the sentences to
> more clearly state the purpose of the sponsorship levels are and how they
> are selected, maintaing a link to the guidelines on the wiki.

The wording there was pretty carefully chosen after a long discussion
in the sponsor committee, so it shouldn't be changed on a whim. That
said, I don't actually think your wording is an improvement (though, I
may be biased as if memory serves I wrote that's there now).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company