Re: PgAdmin rc-1 Version Backup Errors - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PgAdmin rc-1 Version Backup Errors
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Kenneth Russell <linux-ken@comcast.net> wr=
ote:
> When trying to specify a folder (using browse)for the db backup file,
> PgAdiminb4 rc-1 shows the folders on my =E2=80=9CC=E2=80=9D drive (Window=
s 10) and it cannot
> be changed.

That was fixed yesterday for the next release.

> Also, I get a version mismatch on the =E2=80=98pg_dump=E2=80=99 routine. =
 Here=E2=80=99s the error:
> =E2=80=9Cpg_dump server version 9.6 beta3, pg_dump version 8.45.  Abortin=
g due to
> mismatch.=E2=80=9D

pgAdmin is finding the wrong version of pg_dump, which is what...

> Also. Rhe rc-1 version of PgAgent 4 prompts for Binary file path settings=
 in
> =E2=80=9Cpreferences=E2=80=9D when the beta3 version did not.  I don=E2=
=80=99t know what to enter in
> these fields.

...that setting is for. It says on the screen what to put in there;
can you suggest wording that would make it more understandable if it's
not clear?

In a nutshell, put the path to the directory containing the version of
pg_dump, pg_restore and friends that you want to use. Otherwise,
pgAdmin will use the search path.

--=20
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com