Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

Thanks. I've applied the path fix patch. The second one needs a little
work - I've attached an updated version to work from:

- I've updated the README, and some of the default values.

- I've removed the file type registration for .sql files.

- Should we note that the user may need to run in a virtualenv?

- Please move build-mac.sh to pkg/build.sh, and create a target in /Makefile to
  execute it, e.g. "make appbundle"

- Extend the Makefile to add a "clean-appbundle" target, which should also be
  called by the "clean" target.

- At present, it is bundling my pre-existing configuration database. It *must*
  create a new one and bundle that, without touching the existing one (I guess
  that may require a new command line option for setup.py).

- The online help is broken (are you building it)? I suggest adding a top-level
  Makefile target to do so.

- Working directories should be added to /.gitignore. Please ensure they don't
  clash with those used by pip (and ideally are in one place, e.g. mac-build/).

- I saw various errors in the build output, though the resulting DMG seemed to
  work fine;

cp: /usr/local/pgsql/libpq.5.dylib: No such file or directory
libpq.5.dylib not found in /usr/local/pgsql
Completing app: /Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.app

App: pgAdmin4.app: Post-processing: .//Contents/MacOS/pgAdmin4
App: pgAdmin4.app: Adding symlink: QtWebKitWidgets (because of:
.//Contents/MacOS/pgAdmin4)
cp: @rpath/QtWebKitWidgets.framework/Versions/5/../../../QtWebKitWidgets.framework:
No such file or directory
chmod: Contents/Frameworks/QtWebKitWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKitWidgets:
No such file or directory
Rewriting ID in
Contents/Frameworks/QtWebKitWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKitWidgets
to QtWebKitWidgets
error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/install_name_tool:
can't open file:
Contents/Frameworks/QtWebKitWidgets.framework/Versions/5/QtWebKitWidgets
(No such file or directory)
Cleaning up

--
Dave Page