Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA
Date
Re: Re: [pgsql-www] We should not transition to apt.postgresql.org until we have a PPA  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Folks, we shouldn't be requiring decoder rings here to install Postgres
> --- we have to do better.

Agreed. A number of years back we did a lot of work to make it easy
for people to download and install PostgreSQL, through redesigns  of
the download pages and intentionally directing less technical users to
the easiest ways to get up and running with everything they need to
get started (the one-click installers). That was redesigned a few
months back to point less technical users at the RPM/DEB packages
instead, as it was felt that with the right wording and stabilisation
of the package repos that could be made as easy as the installers.
This is a major step backwards, and needs to be fixed ASAP.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company