Re: [pgAdmin][5919] Fix security related issues - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin][5919] Fix security related issues
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 1:01 PM Ganesh Jaybhay <ganesh.jaybhay@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Hackers,

Please find the attached patch to fix the below security issues:
  • Host Header Injection - Added ALLOWED_HOSTS list to limit host address
  • Lack of Content Security Policy (CSP) - Added security header
  • Lack of Protection Mechanisms - HSTS - Added security header
  • Lack of Cookie Attribute – Secure : Kept as False as secure limits cookies to HTTPS traffic only.
  • Information Disclosure – Web Server / Development Framework VersionDescription: Kept as hard coded 'Python' instead of exposing wsgi/python/gunicorn version info.
Please review and let me know if I have missed anything.

I took a very quick look at this, and one thing that immediately stood out is that HSTS should definitely not be enabled by default. That can make dev/test/redeploy extremely difficult.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com