Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1462- AJAX request do not get fired second time - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1462- AJAX request do not get fired second time
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please find attached patch for the fix:
> Issue:
> This issue is regression of one of the flickering issue of RM#1242.
> "Aside from displaying/hiding the spinner, panes should have their content
> refreshed until and unless the new data differs from the previous, to reduce
> flicker"
>
> Solution:
> Along with caching the node node, we should also keep track of the previous
> node clicked.
> Fetch new data iff previous node and current node clicked differs.

This doesn't fix the issue for me. My test case:

1) Select the SQL tab
2) Click a schema, and the SQL is displayed.
3) Click Schemas, and "-- No SQL could be generated for the selected
object." is displayed.
4) Click the same schema as in step 2 again, and "-- No SQL could be
generated for the selected object." remains displayed.

Note that clicking any other schema in step 4 works fine.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company