Re: Next release - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Next release
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Harshal Dhumal <harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
One more thing that this will only work for future pgAdmin4 versions

Yeah :-(

Hmm, can you check this please? I'm getting the error below when using a newer DB (that I tested an upgrade with) with an older code version:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 67, in <module>
    app = create_app()
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 303, in create_app
    db_upgrade(app)
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/setup/db_upgrade.py", line 25, in db_upgrade
    flask_migrate.upgrade(migration_folder)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask_migrate/__init__.py", line 244, in upgrade
    command.upgrade(config, revision, sql=sql, tag=tag)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/command.py", line 254, in upgrade
    script.run_env()
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/base.py", line 425, in run_env
    util.load_python_file(self.dir, 'env.py')
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/util/pyfiles.py", line 81, in load_python_file
    module = load_module_py(module_id, path)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/util/compat.py", line 141, in load_module_py
    mod = imp.load_source(module_id, path, fp)
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/setup/../../migrations/env.py", line 94, in <module>
    run_migrations_online()
  File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/setup/../../migrations/env.py", line 87, in run_migrations_online
    context.run_migrations()
  File "<string>", line 8, in run_migrations
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/runtime/environment.py", line 836, in run_migrations
    self.get_context().run_migrations(**kw)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/runtime/migration.py", line 321, in run_migrations
    for step in self._migrations_fn(heads, self):
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/command.py", line 243, in upgrade
    return script._upgrade_revs(revision, rev)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/base.py", line 338, in _upgrade_revs
    for script in reversed(list(revs))
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 35, in __exit__
    self.gen.throw(type, value, traceback)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/base.py", line 174, in _catch_revision_errors
    compat.raise_from_cause(util.CommandError(resolution))
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/util/compat.py", line 205, in raise_from_cause
    reraise(type(exception), exception, tb=exc_tb)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/base.py", line 143, in _catch_revision_errors
    yield
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/base.py", line 334, in _upgrade_revs
    revs = list(revs)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/revision.py", line 645, in _iterate_revisions
    requested_lowers = self.get_revisions(lower)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/revision.py", line 299, in get_revisions
    return sum([self.get_revisions(id_elem) for id_elem in id_], ())
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/revision.py", line 304, in get_revisions
    for rev_id in resolved_id)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/revision.py", line 304, in <genexpr>
    for rev_id in resolved_id)
  File "/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgadmin4/lib/python2.7/site-packages/alembic/script/revision.py", line 362, in _revision_for_ident
    resolved_id)
alembic.util.exc.CommandError: Can't locate revision identified by '02b9dccdcfcb'

--
Harshal Dhumal
Sr. Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com