Re: update to 4.7 via docker - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: update to 4.7 via docker
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 1:06 PM Brian Wilson <brian@wildsong.biz> wrote:
I read messages sometimes from people having problems installing pgadmin, I use the Docker version and I want to encourage people to try Docker instead because it's made managing services like pgadmin so easy for me. So for example, here are the steps I took this morning to upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7

1. docker-compose down
2. edit file docker-compose.yml to change '4.6' to '4.7'
3. docker-compose up

That's it. Many thanks to dpage for maintaining the Docker image that I use.

Your welcome.

I use Docker Compose for this project because I have pgadmin bundled in with postgres/postgis and geoserver. I also use a separate Compose setup to provide a reverse proxy and Let's Encrypt in front of pgadmin and geoserver. If you are getting started with Docker and only need pgadmin you can run that service standalone following the instructions in the docker.com link above.

Singing the praises of Docker is outside the immediate purview of this list so please feel free to write to me directly if you want more information or help with it.

Please feel free to discuss here. Deploying pgAdmin is an important topic, and quite valuable for those on this list who are looking at different ways of using it.

BTW I love the work you all have done with making pgadmin cloud-based, it's a great fit for my own workflow where I can't install an app like pgadmin3 on every computer I touch.

Thanks! It's good to hear that our work is appreciated.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company