Re: psqlODBC website face-lift - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: psqlODBC website face-lift
Date
Re: psqlODBC website face-lift  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-odbc
Marc - please see below...

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> On 23.04.2013 18:55, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On 22.04.2013 16:29, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>>> There is now a second repository for the website, at
>>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=psqlodbc-www.git. It contains the
>>> main
>>> page and mediat files, the HOWTOs, and the FAQ. I removed those files
>>> from
>>> the main psqlodbc repository, they are now maintained in the psqlodbc-www
>>> repository.
>>

>> Cool. Did you update the website docroot to be a checkout of the repo?
>

> No. I tried, but there is no git installed on the server.

Marc, can you please install git, wget and curl on the shell server? I
don't have root so can't do it myself.

>> Maybe we should just automate pulls in fact, so we can edit the site
>> just by checking in the changes.
>

> That would certainly be nice. We change the site so seldom that it might not
> be worth the trouble, though.

That's easy enough to do. We do it all over the place.

> But if we want to make it more fancy, you
> could also use some sort of an include-mechanism to insert the page header
> and footer, rather than putting them directly into index.html. A static site
> generator, perhaps. And automatically pull the docs directory from the
> latest stable branch from the main psqlodbc repository there too.

I'm sure that'd be lovely, but I don't have time for it!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company