Re: pgAdmin4 Docker behind load balancer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin4 Docker behind load balancer
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 22 May 2018, at 18:07, Lenain <lenaing@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello hackers,
>
> We are currently using the dpage/pgadmin4 image to run a pgAdmin4 web interface behind an AWS application load balancer.
> The load balancer is configured to check the health of containers by querying the /login URI and checking if it answers with a 200 HTTP code.
>
> However the app always send a new cookie for this page, storing it into the mounted docker volume.
> It is understandable that it is wanted to generate a new session on login, but as load balancers check numerous times a day this URI, it quickly fill and use all of the inodes of the volume as it generate session tokens, and consequently saturate also the inodes of the underlying system.
>
> We are therefore looking for another URI to do our healthcheck that won't generate a new session item.
> However it seems that even on statics assets or redirects, the app set the pga4_session cookie.
>
> Is there another way available to do these checks ? Am I missing something ?

This is the mailinglist for the core postgres database server.  While there
certainly are lots of people skilled in pgadmin here, you will probably have a
better chance of getting help on the pgadmin-support mailinglist:

        https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgadmin-support/

+1

Though to save on traffic, /misc/ping should give you what you need.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company