Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results. - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

- Changing the time, but not the date, on an existing expiration datetime, doesn't generate SQL and enable the OK button. Changing just the date does.

Apologies Dave. I am not able to explain you the problem properly. But below are my findings.

Further to my observation, it's not generating the event of

EVT_SPIN(XRCID("timValidUntil"), dlgRole::OnChangeSpin)

which is in pg_Roles.cpp. If the spin event occurs on spin button, then it's directly going to
"EVT_SPIN_x" in timespin.cpp. And also, i have observed that wxTimeSpinCtrl is our custom data type which we have been derived from the wxControl class. That may be the reason the spin control event is directly refering  to  timespin.cpp's EVT_SPIN_x functions. I have fixed this issue by appending an dlgRole's event to timespin.cpp's event and it is working fine.

Kindly let me know if anything is unclear.

OK, that seems reasonable. Did you check if it breaks any other usage of that control?

I wonder if, for 1.20, we should think about adding a 3rd party (or creating a new) datetime control that we can use universally.

- If I clear the date and time, SQL is not generated to reset the valid until time to infinity.

If the role's "rolvaliduntil" property is NULL or infinity then there is no password expiration for that user/role. I believe, in your case the "rolvaliduntil" might be the NULL. Hence, it's not generating any "VALID UNTIL 'infinity'" since, NULL ~ infinity and also we haven't changed anything. In the rest of the cases, i believe it will generate as you suggested.

Kindly let me know if i miss anything here.

Yeah, I think you misunderstood me:

1) Create a new role, and set VALID UNTIL to some value. Close the dialogue.

2) Open the properties dialogue, then clear the date/time fields. That should cause the dialogue to attempt to set VALID UNTIL to infinity, but doesn't.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com