PostgreSQL-XL shared disk development question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From M.Atıf CEYLAN
Subject PostgreSQL-XL shared disk development question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I already sent the following message to postgres-xl-developers list but they don't seem so active. Therefore, I hope you accept this kind of messages to this mail list.

I'm planning to run PostgreSQL-XL data nodes on CephFS as shared folder. My goal is to provide scalability (auto/manual) in terms of CPU and RAM for those who have large amount of data and operate on clouds. When data gets bigger it's hard to make copy of every node instantly we increase number of nodes. That's why I want CEPH to do disk management, distribution of data (disk) and replication of data (disk). I thought of adding SHARED mode alongside with REPLICADTED and DISTRIBUTED modes since PostgreSQL-XL does global transaction and session management.

What do you think of this?

What do you think I should be careful about this development if you think it's possible?

Bests.

--
Atıf Ceylan
CTO