Re: Comunication protocol - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Comunication protocol
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Karel Riveron Escobar
<kescobar@estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:

> Thanks Oscar. I'm going to try your suggestion but I get a problem. I get the database server and apache server in
thesame PC because the system what I'm building is in development phase. Do you think that is a problem for wireshark?

From the documentation link that Tom provided you might have read that
the frontend/backend protocol which the database server and clients
connecting to it use - is a message based protocol in which the
messages are exchanged over either TCP/IP connection or UNIX doman
sockets. If you configure your client to use loopback interface
(127.0.0.1) to connect to the database you would be looking at a
TCP/IP connection, so probably manageable by Wireshark. Though, I
would suggest reading the protocol description in the documentation so
that you understand distinct phases of connection and subsequent
operation over the established connection.

--
Amit Langote