Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: pgbench -i progress output on terminal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Fabien,

Thanks for taking a look again.

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 4:28 PM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
> > I have updated the patch based on these observations.  Attached v2.
>
> Patch v2 applies & compiles cleanly, works for me.
>
> I'm not partial to Hungarian notation conventions, which is not widely
> used elsewhere in pg. I'd suggest eolchar -> eol or line_end or whatever,
> but others may have different opinion. Maybe having a char variable is a
> rare enough occurence which warrants advertising it.

On second thought, I'm fine with just eol.

> Maybe use fputc instead of fprintf in the closing output?

OK, done.

> I'm unsure about what happens on MacOS and Windows terminal, but if it
> works for other commands progress options, it is probably all right.

I wrote the v1 patch on CentOS Linux, and now on MacOS.  It would be
great if someone can volunteer to test on Windows terminal.

Attached v3.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment