Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Atri Sharma <atri.jiit@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> AFAIK, the shared disk buffers are the only part shared between the processes.
>>
>> There's a bit of other information shared, but disk buffers are
>> certainly the bulk of it.
>
> The other information being locks?

CreateSharedMemoryAndSemaphores() (src/backend/storage/ipc/ipci.c)
seems to be the place where we can see what all things reside in
shared memory, since at the beginning of the function, you can see
size being computed for shared memory to hold all the things that need
to be in shared memory.

--
Amit Langote