Re: pgsql: Create foreign key triggers in partitioned tables too - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: pgsql: Create foreign key triggers in partitioned tables too
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 7:46 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > This also changes what tgisinternal means in some cases.  Currently,
> > it means either that the trigger is an internal implementation object
> > of a foreign key constraint, or a "child" trigger on a partition
> > cloned from the trigger on the parent.  This commit changes it to
> > only mean the former to avoid confusion.
>
> Hmm, perhaps the column's description in catalogs.sgml deserves
> an update?

tginternal's description in catalogs.sgml is this:

     <row>
      <entry role="catalog_table_entry"><para role="column_definition">
       <structfield>tgisinternal</structfield> <type>bool</type>
      </para>
      <para>
       True if trigger is internally generated (usually, to enforce
       the constraint identified by <structfield>tgconstraint</structfield>)
      </para></entry>
     </row>

which matches what the commit restores tgisinternal's meaning to.  I
guess we forgot in 86f575948c77 to update this to mention
tgisinternal's relation to partitioning?

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com