Re: A reloption for partitioned tables - parallel_workers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: A reloption for partitioned tables - parallel_workers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 11:06 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-03-05 at 22:55 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> > >
> > > I have incorporated your POC patch and added a regression test.
> > >
> > > I didn't test it thoroughly though.
> >
> > Thanks.  Although, I wonder if we should rather consider it a
> > standalone patch to fix a partition planning code deficiency.
>
> Oh - I didn't realize that your patch was independent.

Attached a new version rebased over c8f78b616, with the grouping
relation partitioning enhancements as a separate patch 0001.  Sorry
about the delay.

I'd also like to change compute_append_parallel_workers(), as also
mentioned upthread, such that disabling Parallel Append by setting
parallel_workers=0 on a parent partitioned table does not also disable
the partitions themselves being scanned in parallel even though under
an Append.  I didn't get time today to work on that though.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment