Re: BUG #15662: Row update in foreign partition does not move rowbased on partition key - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: BUG #15662: Row update in foreign partition does not move rowbased on partition key
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 10:58 PM Derek Hans <derek.hans@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. That's a substantial limitation.
>
> I looked pretty hard through the various pieces of documentation and tutorials and saw no mention. The v11 release
notesdon't mention it either. Might be worth adding to the docs in more places and more prominently.

Perhaps, it would make sense to make a note related to this in the
partitioning chapter where various limitations are listed and link to
it from the v11 release notes.

I've attached a patch. It applies to the PG 11 stable branch, but the
ddl.sgml part of the patch should also be applied to master.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment