Re: Determine parallel-safety of partition relations for Inserts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Determine parallel-safety of partition relations for Inserts
Date
Re: Determine parallel-safety of partition relations for Inserts  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:59 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> We want to do this for Inserts where only Select can be parallel and
> Inserts will always be done by the leader backend. This is actually
> the case we first want to implement.

Sorry, I haven't looked at the linked threads and the latest patches
there closely enough yet, so I may be misreading this, but if the
inserts will always be done by the leader backend as you say, then why
does the planner need to be checking the parallel safety of the
*target* table's expressions?

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com