Re: simplifying foreign key/RI checks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: simplifying foreign key/RI checks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 10:05 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> There were rebase conflicts with the recently committed
> execPartition.c/h changes.  While fixing them, I thought maybe
> find_leaf_part_for_key() doesn't quite match in style with its
> neighbors in execPartition.h, so changed it to
> ExecGetLeafPartitionForKey().

This one has been marked Returned with Feedback in the CF app, which
makes sense given the discussion on -committers [1].

Agree with the feedback given that it would be better to address *all*
RI trigger check/action functions in the project of sidestepping SPI
when doing those checks/actions, not only RI_FKey_check_ins / upd() as
the current patch does.  I guess that will require thinking a little
bit harder about how to modularize the new implementation so that the
various trigger functions don't end up with their own bespoke
check/action implementations.

I'll think about that, also consider what Corey proposed in [2], and
try to reformulate this for v16.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com