Re: d25ea01275 and partitionwise join - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: d25ea01275 and partitionwise join
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:00 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 5:02 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> >> I can't say much about the patch; there's a little typo:
> >> "The nullability of inner relation keys prevents them to"
> >> ..should say "prevent them from".
>
> > Thanks, will fix.
>
> Just to leave a breadcrumb in this thread --- the planner failure
> induced by d25ea01275 has been fixed in 529ebb20a.  The difficulty
> with multiway full joins that Amit started this thread with remains
> open, but I imagine the posted patches will need rebasing over
> 529ebb20a.

Here are the rebased patches.

I've divided the patch containing only cosmetic improvements into two
patches, of which the latter only moves around code.  Patch 0003
implements the actual fix to the problem with multiway joins.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment