Re: Calculate total_table_pages after set_base_rel_sizes() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Calculate total_table_pages after set_base_rel_sizes()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 7:36 David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 12 October 2018 at 23:35, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2018/10/11 13:45, Amit Langote wrote:
>> On 2018/10/07 17:43, David Rowley wrote:
>>> Amit Langote has since posted a patch to delay the RangeTblEntry
>>> creation until after pruning. His patch happens to also move the
>>> total_table_pages calculation, but I believe this change should be
>>> made as an independent commit to anything else.  I've kept it in the
>>> commitfest for that reason.
>>
>> Yeah, if this patch is a win independent of the other project of delaying
>> partition RTE creation, which seems to be true, I think we should go ahead
>> with applying this patch.
>
> Fwiw, I've incorporated David's patch in my own series, so that one of my
> patches no longer has the code movement hunks that are in his.  I will
> post the new version of my patch series like that.

Thanks. I'll keep this open here anyway so the change can be
considered independently. I think counting pages of pruned partitions
is a bug that should be fixed. You can just drop that patch from your
set if this gets committed.

Yeah, that was my plan anyway.

Thanks,
Amit