Re: Get the table creation DDL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Korot
Subject Re: Get the table creation DDL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sun, Jul 10, 2022 at 2:27 PM Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/10/22 12:47, Igor Korot wrote:
>
> So there is no "query" per se?
> Also how do I pass the table name?
>
> Thank you.
>
> You can create one from the catalog tables. Personally, I would use INFORMATION_SCHEMA to avoid pg_class and
pg_attribute.However, there is an extension which does that for you. Somebody else has already done the hard work.

I understand.
The Problem is that I need to put this inside the C/ODBC interface for
my project.

I'm sure it is not a problem when people are working out of psql or
writing some scripts,
but for me it is painful to go and try to recreate it.

Now, I'm not sure if this extension can be freely re-used (query
extracted and placed
inside someone else's project).

Thank you.