[GENERAL] Problem during debugging - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Igor Korot
Subject [GENERAL] Problem during debugging
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, ALL,
I am trying to write a program that is using libpq.
For testing purposes I am trying to connect to the remote server, which
is running on my home network on a different machine.

Sometimes during debugging my program crashes or just produces incorrect
results. In this case I have to stop the program, fix the issue and restart.

The trouble is that after restart I am getting an error on connection.
In order to connect successfully, I should run a query on a remote machine -
any query will do. Then I connect successfully.

I'm not setting up any options during connection.

Is there anything I can do in order to always get a connection?

Thank you.