Use case stuck due to Partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shubham Mittal
Subject Use case stuck due to Partitioning
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

Please find my use case below and suggest the appropriate solution:

We have done declarative partitioning over our table A based on some key and further range sub partitioned each partition on the basis of createddate range of 90 days.

In the search query to display last 90 day data , I give both column B and  createddate which may pick any of the required partitions.

But how can I display last 90 days data in which a record which is modified last is also shown at the top but its created date might not lie in the last 90 days range..

Basically, I need to partition my huge table based on some key and also on date to split the data into smaller dataset for faster query . The UI needs to display the latest modified records first but the created date also needs to be given in the query to pick the right partition...

Can we do partition differently to achieve this?
Should i find the max modified date  and give it in the range of the created date.

Thanks & Regards