Re: CLUSTER command - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rick Dicaire
Subject Re: CLUSTER command
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> AFAIR there is no specified order.  It probably just seqscans pg_class,
>> so whatever physical order those tuples happen to have today is it.
>
> I'm pretty sure he meant: "in the case when CLUSTER was issued in the past to cluster the table on some index, but
wasnot documented, how do I now find out what that index was".

No, I know what the indexes are. The scenario is there's 3 tables in
the db that get clustered. Wanted to know in what order those 3 tables
are reclustered when CLUSTER is exec'd with no args.

Thank you all for your help!