Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ants Aasma
Subject Re: Further pg_upgrade analysis for many tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Ants Aasma <ants@cybertec.at> wrote:
> I also took two profiles (attached). AtEOXact_RelationCache seems to
> be the culprit for the quadratic growth.

One more thing that jumps out as quadratic from the profiles is
transfer_all_new_dbs from pg_upgrade (20% of total CPU time at 64k).
Searching for non-primary files loops over the whole file list for
each relation. This would be a lot faster if we would sort the file
list first and use binary search to find the related files.

Ants Aasma
--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
Gröhrmühlgasse 26