Re: Static PostgreSQL Binaries (Linux + Windows) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pratik Parikh
Subject Re: Static PostgreSQL Binaries (Linux + Windows)
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, I'll check it out.

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019, 9:13 AM Zach van Rijn <me@zv.io wrote:
On Sun, 2019-01-13 at 00:51 -0500, Pratik Parikh wrote:
> Than you. nice to hear from you .  Would be able to share the
> build scripts with community? are they open source?

Hi Pratik,

Yes; the build scripts were linked at the bottom of my original
mail message in this chain: https://git.zv.io/xstatic/builder/

  $ git clone https://git.zv.io/xstatic/builder.git
  $ cd builder
  $ ./build postgresql-<release> # 11.1, etc.

Under the hood, the only major "technique" is wrapping the 'gcc'
command with flags such as '-static' to ensure that everything
is built correctly, and using reliable toolchains [1].

There is one minor issue in that the postgres build scripts no
longer appear to support static building [2,3] so it'll attempt
to build files such as 'POSIX.so' etc. and these cause errors.

The workaround is simply to ignore these errors during build
until I or someone else can get around to supplying patches (in
the next week or so; I have other commitments).

> Regards,
> Pratik Parikh

ZV

[1]: https://musl.cc/

[2]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABFfbXuxyO20JN8T%2BC
yfSe29T-GTON69FrKHQ%3Dc9jDMxnm6C_w%40mail.gmail.com

[3]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABFfbXvONEKE2Bpnbfm5
%3Df3fVVLpv6jLVUAhF7iGoWN7a_EeRw%40mail.gmail.com