Re: .pgpass being ignored - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Rasku
Subject Re: .pgpass being ignored
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:

> First are you running the script from the location with .pgpass?

I wasn't but I copied the .pgpass into the local directory and I get
the same results.  The correct location is actually in the home
directory.

> Second you are doing a createdb, not sure how Postgres handles using .pgpass
> with database that does not exist yet?  Might want to try a '*' in the database name
> field or since it looks like it is trying to connect to the postgres database, use that
> as the database name.

The database actually exists, so createdb should fail with a "database
exists" error.  However, it didn't get there.

I took your advice anyways and it fixes the problem.  Thanks!

...Stephen