Re: Make recently inserted/updated records available in the buffer/cache - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Sachin Divekar
Subject Re: Make recently inserted/updated records available in the buffer/cache
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thank you, Michaels.
.
I didn't know about fillfactor and table bloat. Did some reading on those topics. We will definitely need to tweak these settings.

I am also going to use SKIP LOCKED to _select for update_. Any suggestions on tuning parameters for SKIP LOCKED?

Thanks

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA@sqlexec.com> wrote:
Yep, I concur completely!  For tables treated like queues you gotta do
this stuff or deal with bloat and fragmented indexes.