Re: OLAP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Jungwirth
Subject Re: OLAP
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Alban,

I think Postgres works great for OLAP work, and Amazon's Red Shift is
even based on Postgres. 100 million sales should be not problem at
all. My understanding is Greenplum also builds on top of Postgres, so
if you ever do outgrow your Postgres installation, that would be an
easy migration path. One Postgres OLAP tool to consider is Pentaho.
That will save you lots of time around ETL, ad-hoc reporting, and
other standard OLAP functionality.

Good luck!
Paul

--