Re: Request for resolution || Support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jay chauhan
Subject Re: Request for resolution || Support
Date
Re: Request for resolution || Support  (Guyren Howe <guyren@gmail.com>)
Re: Request for resolution || Support  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
Re: Request for resolution || Support  (Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Thomas, David/Team,

Thanks you for your response. However we need your confirmation whether my Error/issue as mentioned below will be resolved if we upgrade our PostgreSQL Version.

<<My PostgreSQL version : "PostgreSQL 9.3.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-4), 64-bit">>
David response: Use a newer version
Tomas response: Yeah, you should use release 11 for a new project.

My Issue while migrating procedure/function from Oracle to PostgreSQL:
Error-1)
ERROR:  cannot begin/end transactions in PL/pgSQL
HINT:  Use a BEGIN block with an EXCEPTION clause instead.
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function icmsuatnew.eload_commission_payout_active(text,text,text,text,text,text) line 486 at SQL statement
SQL state: 0A000

David Response on it : Rewrite your code as instructed

Error-2)
ERROR:  schema "utl_http" does not exist
LINE 38:     L_HTTP_REQUEST UTL_HTTP.REQ;
                            ^
SQL state: 3F000
Character: 1785
Thomas response: That's an Oracle thing for doing HTTP requests from PL/SQL.  To do that from plpgsql you could try an extension like this one:
https://github.com/pramsey/pgsql-http
Or you could write your own function in Python or <insert your
favourite PL>.  That's what I'd probably do.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/plpython-funcs.html

Need your urgent help.

Regards,
Jay Chauhan
+918802766181

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 3:53 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

>> Error-2)
>> ERROR:  schema "utl_http" does not exist
>
> Insufficient data provided to even guess

That's an Oracle thing for doing HTTP requests from PL/SQL.  To do
that from plpgsql you could try an extension like this one:

https://github.com/pramsey/pgsql-http

Or you could write your own function in Python or <insert your
favourite PL>.  That's what I'd probably do.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/plpython-funcs.html

Google should help you find examples of people using plpython to
access the various Python HTTP modules.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com