Re: Too many IDLE in current_query - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vibhor Kumar
Subject Re: Too many IDLE in current_query
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Jul 12, 2011, at 9:08 PM, francescoboccacci@libero.it wrote:

> i know that this is just a snapshot of the situation of the server in a
> particular moment, so i know that i can see all IDLE queries.
> The strange thing is that there are quesries that are running from 34 days.I
> think is strange.

<IDLE> mean connection is idle.  It doesn't mean query is running.

> Do you have any suggestions? My postgresql version is 8.4. I know that in
> postgresql 9.0 i can see also application_name filed.

You can use pg_stat_Activity.client_addr and pg_stat_activity.client_port to find the informaiton of client machine.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
vibhor.aim@gmail.com
Blogs: http://vibhork.blogspot.com