Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bhushan Bhangale
Subject Re: Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Well keeping the .jar file under WEB-INF/lib folder for that application works for me in tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luca Di Mauro [mailto:lucadima@email.it]
Sent: 02 February 2004 09:58
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Problem wih JDBC driver under Windows XP

Hi all!

I've some problems in connecting to postgreSQL with the JDBC driver from my JSP page.

I've installed PostgreSQL for Windows, ver. 7.1.2, so I took on the site the pg72jdbc2.jar file as JDBC driver.

Then I followed all the steps in the documentation at the URL http://jdbc.postgresql.org/doc.html. Because i need to use the jdbc driver with Java Server Pages, I didn't use the classpath method, but I copyed the driver directly in the lib/ext directory in my JVM path.

I can connect to the DB with PgAdmin 2, but when I try to connect from my JSP page, the Tomcat WebServer says:

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.postgresql.Driver"

What did I forget???

Thanks, Luca.

http://www.star.net.uk

http://www.star.net.uk