Re: too many clients - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Matthew Terenzio
Subject Re: too many clients
Date
Re: too many clients  (Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca>)
List pgsql-php
On Dec 29, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> You got a couple solutions, one of which is getting a connection
> pooler setup between apache(php) and postgres.  SQL Relay
> (sqlrelay.sf.net) could be a common candidate, as I have used it in
> the past with great results.

Yes, I have taken a look at that before. It might be a good time to try
it.

I don't exactly understand the technical difference between pooled
connections and persistent ones.

pg_pconnect() is grabbing an existing open connection if one is
available.

How is  a connection pool more efficient in doing something along these
lines?

Thanks,

Matt