Re: COPY threads - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ravi Krishna
Subject Re: COPY threads
Date
List pgsql-general

> pg_restore doesn't take locks on the table for the COPY, it does so
> because creating the table takes an exclusive lock.

Interesting.  I seem to recollect reading here that I can't have concurrent COPY on the same table because of the lock.
To give an example:

If I have a large file with say 400 million rows, can I first split it into 10 files of 40 million rows each and then
fireup 10 different
COPY sessions , each reading from a split file, but copying into the same table.  I thought not.  It will be great if
wecan do this.