Re: Huge amount of memory consumed during transaction - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Erik Jones
Subject Re: Huge amount of memory consumed during transaction
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Oct 12, 2007, at 4:48 PM, henk de wit wrote:

> > > I have work_mem set to 256MB.
> > Wow. That's inordinately high. I'd recommend dropping that to
> 32-43MB.
>
> Ok, it seems I was totally wrong with the work_mem setting. I'll
> adjust it to a more saner level. Thanks a lot for the advice everyone!
>
> > Explain is your friend in that respect.
>
> It shows all the operators, but it doesn't really say that these
> all will actually run in parallel right? Of course I guess it would
> give a good idea about what the upper bound is.

You can determine what runs in parellel based on the indentation of
the output.  Items at the same indentation level under the same
"parent" line will run in parallel

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik@myemma.com