Re: storing binary data - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Lam
Subject Re: storing binary data
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I've seen people converting binary data into base64 or uuencode first before
storing into text files.  Maybe you can do the same and store in a varchar
field if you like too? Hm...

-----Original Message-----
From: Cristovao Dalla Costa [mailto:cbraga@bsi.com.br]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 6:10 PM
To: pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org
Subject: [INTERFACES] storing binary data

Hi,

I'm using libpq to interface my program to postgresql, and I need to store
some binary data (around 30-40 bytes per element). I'm not sure of the best
way to do so, since blobs seem awkward. How would you do it? How would you
insert it in a text field?

Thanks all,

Cristovao

http://archives.postgresql.org