Re: logfile character encoding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: logfile character encoding
Date
Re: logfile character encoding  (Redoute <redoute@tortenboxer.de>)
List pgsql-general
What about taking a cue from the link provided by Adrian, http://www.g-loaded.eu/2011/02/27/locale-windows/, and initdb
anew empty database cluster not like

initdb.exe --locale=German_Germany.UTF-8

which you say does not work, but rather like

initdb.exe --locale=German_Germany  --encoding=UTF-8

which the link implies seems to have worked for its author?  You could then check the postgresql.conf file for the new
databasecluster and see what lc_messages has been set to, maybe that will work for you.

Sorry I haven't tried out this idea myself -- around here we have PostgreSQL installed either on Linux servers or on
virtualLinux machines, so I use Windows basically to read my e-mail (and, of course, to run VirtualBox, PuTTY and
WinSCP)-- PostgreSQL isn't supposed to be installed on the Windows box, and anyway I don't have an admin password to do
soregardless.