Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driverclass"null" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From CRAIG GOLBY
Subject Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driverclass"null"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
There are a number of other dirs under WebApps, those being "examples",
"tomcat-docs" and "webdav", plus a few backups or ROOT that I have
created at different stages of the build.

There is also an admin.xml and manager.xml file in the webapps
directory, both have small amounts of information in them, not sure that
they have any bearing.

Have just spent a few minutes through the jar files that are in
common/lib and comparing them with what the various xml files suggested
were needed. I managed to locate a jar file containing the appropriate
class in every instance, bar one, the file logger.

org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger

javax.sql.DataSource
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/common/jdbc2_0-stdext.jar

org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/common/commons-dbcp.jar

org.postgresql.Driver
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/common/pg73jdbc3.jar

I know that I was clutching at straws, and the exception does seem to
talk about the driver, however I commented out this section of the
server.xml and then restarted tomcat, sadly, but not suprisingly there
was no difference in the result.

I am stopping for the evening now, before the wife kills me, but if you
have any other suggestions then please do let me know.

Thanks for your help so far

Regards

Craig