Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driverclass"null" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From CRAIG GOLBY
Subject Re: Tomcat - PostgreSQL - Cannot load JDBC driverclass"null"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thanks Dave,

Have extracted org.postgresql.Driver and put it under WEB-INF, creating
a structure of
Tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/org/postgresql/Driver.class, made no
difference.

On suggestion 2, I don't appear to have a jre/lib/ext from root or
anywhere in the Tomcat structure, am I missing something here ??

Suggestion 3, would love to, but havent written any servlets before so
will need to get the book out.  Will let you know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Cramer [mailto:Dave@micro-automation.net]
Sent: 26 September 2003 18:24
To: CRAIG GOLBY

Craig,

Ok, couple of things you can try. I seem to remember it not working in
common/lib, but then I've also given up on tomcat.

1) move the driver into the WEB-INF/lib dir
2) move the driver into the jre/lib/ext dir    this is real overkill
3) try writing a very small servlet that just loads the driver, remember
you have to set autoload or whatever in the web.xml file for this
servlet.

ie

class servletclass
{