Re: Survey on backing up unlogged tables: help us with PostgreSQL development! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc Mamin
Subject Re: Survey on backing up unlogged tables: help us with PostgreSQL development!
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
another question.
I haven't read the complete threads, so I apologize if this was already discussed.

Will it be possible to switch from unlogged to logged ?

To improve COPY performances, I currently:

- make a copy of heavily indexed tables
- load new data in the shadow table
- add the indexes
- drop the live table
- rename the shadow table to the visible one.

Is it imaginable to use unlogged tables foe the shadow one and then enable logging after the switch ?

regards,

Marc Mamin